Looking to buy a top-notch tig welder with an economical price and best welding capabilities? But confused about which ones got the best value for you, as the market is flooded with a variety of brands. Well, this AHP AlphaTIG 201XD 2021 is the solution to all your welding needs.
The pro-level features it offers in an economical package outrank the competitors close to its price. We tried and tested the AHP Alpha Welder at different levels and found it to be the most reliable machine to carry out all your welding tasks.
AHP AlphaTIG 201XD -2021
The AHP Alpha Welder is offered at such a justified price tag, and it is one of the most valuable welding machines ever made. With its superior technology, equipment, and features, the welder gets every job done in a blink of an eye. Cutting long story short, it’s one the most powerful and versatile welders you can have your hands on.
- Most of the previous ahp alphatig 200x models were not good enough for heavy-duty works, but the AlphaTIG 201XD gets the job done remarkably. The Tig and Stick modes enhance the welding capability of the welding offering you to weld both thick and thin metals.
- The premium features it offers to give users more control over it, and that’s why professionals love to use it. However, the machine needs some time for beginners to get accustomed to it, but once the amateur learns to use it, the machine surely won’t disappoint.
- The machine performs remarkably well on light to medium industrial work, and can also be used for domestic work. The TIG mode enables welding to heavy-duty tasks, on the other hand, the stick mode helps you with lighter jobs like outdoor welding.
- The particular model works perfectly on heavy-duty metals, Moreover, the TIG/STICK operating mode offers welders to carry out clean and precise welds on thinner gauge metals. As well as thick metal.
- The machine is mainly used to weld aluminum, stainless steel, and alloy steels, but also produces satisfying results on metals like copper, magnesium & iron.
- It is capable of welding ¼ inch aluminum sheets and ¾ inch mild-steel sheets, also capable of welding 7018 & 6013 steel rods.
- The AHP AlphaTIG uses inverter technology, along with pulse width modulation(PWM) and an insulated gate bipolar transistor(IGBT), which makes pulse settings fully adjustable, and allows you to adjust heat output going to the workpiece.
- The foot pedal gives you the pinpointed precision for cleaner welds without smoke and spatters. However, if you don’t like to use the foot pedal, the HF tig start comes in handy in that case.
- It works on both AC/DC modes, giving you more control over frequency range adjustments.
- The welder offers stick mode also, which enables it to perform as an arc welder and gives you stable arc quality for clean welds. Moreover, stick welding mode allows you to work on almost any welding rod.
- It’s capable of working on both 120/240 volts, at 240 V, it is able to operate with a maximum output current of 200 Amp, and at 120 V the maximum output power reaches 140 Amp.
- The welder offers a 60 % duty cycle at 200 Amps and 35% at 155 Amps for stick welding.
- The newer AHP AlphaTIG 201XD offers extended control over pulse speed, which results not only in better penetration, but also improves tungsten life and the arc cone.
- The 2T/4T modes add more versatility to this machine.2T/4T modes allow you to control this welder more remotely, by offering extended control over the foot pedal to start and end duty cycle, controlling the pre flow and post flow, and much more.
Moreover, the machine is backed up with a 3-year warranty.
- Input: 110/240V, 1Ph, 50/60Hz
- Current Type: AC/DC
- Amperage Range: 10A – 200A
- Welding Thickness: 1/4 – 3/8 Inch
- Pulse Frequency: 0.5Hz – 200Hz
- Weight: 50 Pounds
- Dimension: 19 x 23 x 12 Inch
Possible Concern Areas
1: The foot pedal does offer convenience the user requires to operate the machine, you may need to put rubber beneath it that prevents it from slipping away when you put pressure onto it using your feet.
2: Sometimes the torch may get very hot after a few minutes of use. Moreover, the torch may leak out argon when it’s plugged into the machine. But you can overcome this problem.
3: The accessories like torch, pedals, and regulator may not be up to the mark in quality and sometimes do not produce results, the user expects, so you may need to invest to buy them separately to get the best out of it.
4: The front panel operations may be sometimes difficult for new users to understand, but the user manual inside the machine overcomes this problem.
AHP AlphaTig 201XD vs 200 Difference-Which one's Better?
Inside the Package
The welder offers a lot of welding accessories in its box. They include flow-meter, argon regulator, 2T/4T function, foot pedals, 110 V pigtail plug, 9 feet ground clamp, 9 feet stick holder. argon regulator and WP 17 TIG flex hose torch.
The AHP AlphaTIG 201XD review 2021 is one of the top-notch tig welders for the money. The welder offers versatility, which makes it compete with high-end products like Miller and Lincoln at half the price. The AHP tig welder lacks in some areas, like low-quality accessories, tig torch may leak, etc., but the other features it offers at such price undermine these factors as it performs remarkably well on aluminum and other thick and thin gauge metals. All in all, it's one of the best welders you can get at this price available in the market. We hope you would like it as much as we did.
More From the Blog :