Looking to get into tig welding? But, don’t want to spend a hefty amount of money, as you are afraid to suck at it and money gets wasted. Well, We have tested many machines out there in the market, and finally compiled a list of the best cheap tig welders 2022 for you it.
These are the most reliable inexpensive tig welding machines you can have your hands on. We made sure to select those equipped with the best welding capabilities.
Make sure to read this review to the bottom, to get the best machine tailored to your welding needs.
So let’s have a look at them!
Our Top Picks
A Comparison of Best Afforable TIG Welders
Let’s have a quick glance at the table at low-budget tig welders, and below the list is an in-depth review of the individual products.
Best Budget TIG Welders 2022
- 1. Amico TIG-225 TIG Welder – Best Overall
- 2. Mophorn 160 Tig Welder
- 3. Lotos LTPDC2000D
- 4. PrimeWeld CT520D
- 5. EVERLAST PowerARC 140STi- Low Cost
- 6. Amico TIG-160DC
- 7. SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA , Lift Tig Welding Machine
- 8. Hitbox ARC Welder 200A Stick Welding Machine
- 9. Lotos CT520D Air Plasma Cutter
- 10. AMICO POWER ATIG185
- 11. Lotos LTP5000D
- Final Verdict
1. Amico TIG-225 TIG Welder – Best Overall
- 60 percent duty cycle at 220 amps
- It is lightweight and portable
- It has friendly generators
- 13-foot torch connection
- It does not have pulse control
- It does not include a gas regulator
The Amico TIG-225 is a double-input 120/240-volt low-cost tig welding machine, which is quite inexpensive as compared to its competitors. The sixty percent duty cycle at 220 amps is an impressive feature. Another prominent characteristic of the TIG-225 is the high-frequency lift-type arc start. Rated to a DC power of 220 amps when running on 240, it can also be capable of a DC welding stick.[The Amico welder is both lightweight and compact. A high-frequency TIG torch comes with this welder. The HF gives a quick start and also improves the tungsten life.
You can take it comfortably anywhere since it is so light. This TIG welder works perfectly on voltage fluctuations, with automatic voltage compensation. It also has an inbuilt cooling fan to make the unit user-friendly and keep it cool.
This TIG welding machine can also weld connected to the usual domestic grid. Still, only if you use it at reduced power, the three-kilowatt meter is adequate because its absorption requires a higher-end meter, i.e., 4.5 kWh when used at full capacity. Its welding wire is impeccable.
On the other side, choosing this TIG welding tool, perfectly able to operate with the conventional arc system, helps you to start exercising with the perfect welds and then switch to the tungsten and inert gas system easily.
Cutting long story short , this is best option for you if you are constrained by budget.
- Multifunction: TIG/Stick/ARC
- TIg-225HF Intigraters Advance Mosfet Inverter Technology , Allowing Excellent ARC Stability and the MOst Beautiful Welds
- Professional Argon ARC Welding Machine With Outstanding Performance and a Robust and Elegant Structure
- Intelligent Power Supply System Built With a Sleek And Modren Design
2. Mophorn 160 Tig Welder
- 8-foot torch lead
- Lightweight as it weighs only 20 pounds
- Flexible and safe dissipation and protection
- Dual voltage
- No foot pedal
- It does not come with a regulator
This Mophorn best budget Tig Welder 200 Amp Tig Stick Welder also doubles as a stick welder. This device is dual-voltage capable so that you can plug it into just about any source.
Thanks to its lightweight you can use this two-in-one tool for both professionals and beginners. It gives you two welding options, the first one being Arc stick welder and the second being TIG welder.
It has both stick and TIG modes, so you don’t really see a 20 to 165 amp TIG working range and an endlessly customizable amp power in an inexpensive package like this one.
Moreover, it offers the dual voltage input of 110V and 220V and it also offers up to 160A adjustable output current. With the Mophorn combo welder, you get a 60 percent duty cycle, which is great given its affordable price.
The best feature of this TIG welder is its ability to handle the highest amp setting. However, there are several noticeable drawbacks, such as the absence of a foot pedal. This machine is not made as a foot controllable machine because it’s already so cheap that buyers would probably pay the extra amounts.
- 2 in 1 combo welding,used as tig welder or arc stick welder
- Compatiable with max .3.2mm acid & alkaline elctrode. Tig welding thickness:0.3-4.0mm for weld steel,chrome,stainless steel,titanium alloy,and other metal
- Over-Voltage,over-current,over-heat protection
- Suitable for machinery manufacturing,sheet metal processing,guardrial,automotive maintenance,iron processing,large prijects,factory,shipyard,home decoration,construction field,etc
3. Lotos LTPDC2000D
- 13-foot torch connectors
- Powerful 200-amp machine
- It is a multipurpose machine that combines three functions in one
- It is portable and has long cords
- No TIG foot pedal
- The pigtail is sold separately, which means more expense
The LOTOS LTPDC2000D comes with a 50-amp plasma cutter, 200-amp DC TIG welder, and 200 amp stick welder. This machine can use either 120 volts or 240 volts. aIt cuts 1/2 inch steel at 50 amps. It comes up with great features, including no-touch arc starting, perfect for cutting on rusty or painted metal.
It comes with the tool that can help a worker use a single inverter to make possible 3 different forms of welding and metal cutting tasks. This machine can also be used for design purposes, as it can assist you during plasma cutting.
It comes with a powerful 200-amp machine that can provide you with a much-desired plasma cut. With the help of this dual voltage plasma cutter and welding machine, dealing with a 1⁄2-inch-deep metal sheet wouldn’t be an issue.
It’s fitted with a non-touch pilot arc for newbies. It is to shield the tip of the nozzle from direct contact with the metal you want to cut. The non-touch pilot arc protects the material as well as the cutter from any kind of damage. In addition, the arc improves decreased precision and smoothness, thus reducing lag. And this is the case regardless of what sort of material you cut, whether rusty, painted, or rough, the results will be incredibly smooth. Have a look at another model from this company, Lotos TIG200 an affordable TIG welding option.
- Lotosltpdc2000d is a multipurpose 3 in 1 combo welding machine(Dual voltage 220v/110v)
- Pilot arc torch efficentley cuts trough rough,painted, and rusty syrfaces and produces minimal slag
- Automitic dual voltage/dual frequency (110v/220v 50/60hz)
- Easy to setup machine
4. PrimeWeld CT520D
- Its lightweight and compact design allow for high portability
- Regulator gauge in front
- 13-foot plasma and TIG leads
- Versatile and efficient
- It doesn’t come with a pilot arc in cut mode
- Complicated instruction guide
Primeweld CT520D presents three functions in a single machine. It ca. It can act as a cutter up to 50 amps, and as a stick or TIG welder up to 200 amps. This machine is very easy to operate and has a very simple setup. Its cutting power level will easily pass through 1/2-inch steel, and 200 amps will be able to weld over a 3/8-inch-thick steel plate.
The dual voltage power allows the machine to switch to either 110V or 220V automatically. This is a useful feature as it would benefit you in areas where there is no 220V power source.
Drag torch cutting is a convenient way to cut, and an excellent way to start the plasma cutter arc, avoiding interference with the digital machinery. The machine also comes with a 13-foot plasma torch and lead TIG torch.
With its 50A plasma cutting function, you can cut different types of metal up to 1⁄2-inch. Besides, it has an impressive duty cycle of 60 percent at max amps. In addition, this inexpensive plasma cutter comes in a space-saving design. This machine is known for its cutting and welding performance.
Primeweld’s customer service is considered one of the best in the industry and is backed by a 1-year warranty on this unit. It weighs only 32 pounds so you can take it anywhere you want. Also, have a look at Primeweld TIG 255x review, another model from Primeweld.
- Primedweld ct 520d is a multipurpose 3 in 1 combo welding
- Light weight & portable
- Dual voltage
- Cuts & welds extended varitey of metals
- Quickly and easily switch between dc tig and dc stick welder
- Includes a duty cycle of 60 percent at maximum amps on all process.
Related:All-purpose tig machines
5. EVERLAST PowerARC 140STi- Low Cost
- Auto hot start lessens sticking
- TIG and stick capable
- Incredible arc stability
- Lift start ideal for steel
- DC only
- No foot pedal
Everlast PowerArc 140STi is both a competent TIG and stick welder, relying on IBGT inverter technology to deliver a massive 140 amps of power through a stable arc. This machine comes with an impact-resistant carrying case for extra portability. It is the ideal welder if you have limited space, weighing just 25 lbs, and equipped with an industrial-strength carrying strap.
Although the Everlast PowerARC 140 may not be the most powerful machine, it ranks as one of the best TIG welders for newbies.
Power Arc 140 has a 35 percent duty cycle that is the standard for most welding machines. It weighs just 24.8 pounds, so it is portable. It also comes up with 25 mm Dinse-style cable connectors and the 17V series torch with a gas valve. Other add-ons include a stick electrode cable holder, 6 ft. Clamp cable, and a durable field service plastic case.
Everlast PowerArc 140 works smoothly, only with low power demands. This welder unit offers an auto hot start, arc force control, and DC lift start with a duty cycle of 35 percent at 140 amps.
The PowerARC delivers a steady, consistent arc throughout the cycle using the lift start feature, giving you clean, almost perfect beads. Remember that this welder is DC only, so it does not weld aluminum or magnesium well.
- Compact and portable with carying case
- Lift tig function wuth standard 17 series gas valve
- Simple easy to use
- Auto adaptive hot start
- Dual voltage
- Igbt technology
If interested to learn more about everlast: :Read Here
6. Amico TIG-160DC
- Dynamic machine with low input
- Easy to use
- Plastic handle for easy moving
- It can be plugged into a common power supply without adapters
- The duty cycle may be an issue when working on high power
- No AC capabilities
Amico TIG-160DC is a perfect Chinese tig welder with a low budget. This is one of the cheapest welding machines available out there. This welding machine has a multifunctional facility and works as both TIG and Stick along with the ARC.
It does very well when it comes to arc quality, duty cycle, and voltage control. The TIG 160 is a smaller, compact, and simple to move welding tool. Because of its lightweight construction, it is ideal for on-the-go type projects.
The voltage control technology helps you stay secure when welding. It comes with a very low spatter as well. Since it comes with a dual voltage input that allows you to use either 110V or 230V, you can remain confident when plugging into any standard power supply around you.
TIG-160DC adopts the best inverter technology. If you are looking for a concentrated, stable, and strong arc, this is the ideal. This machine is so dynamic that it is the key to softening or hardening the arc.
This welder is very lightweight, so it is easy to bring anywhere. This welding machine comes with a 16.6 x 7.5 x 11.8 inches’ dimension and weighs only 14.5 pounds.
- Multifunction:tig/arc 2 in 1 welder lift tig
- Powerful welder capable of welding up to 3/8″ stainless steel,alloy steel,mild steel copper,cast iron, and chrome.
- The full size tig and stick platform,outperforming the competition on arc quality, voltage cantrol,duty cycle and value
- Dual voltage input (110v/230v) means you can plug in to any common power supply
7. SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA , Lift Tig Welding Machine
- IGBT Technology
- It is protected from over and under-voltage
- Digital LCD
- Average quality standard weld wire
This welding machine has advanced control features that enhance the efficiency of the IGBT dual 110V to 220 V. This is an anti-sticking technology that prevents overheating and overloading by the inverter.
This machine is only suitable for welding ferrous metals. It comes with an AC plug, electrode holder and cable, and also a built-in fan to cool down the heat. The machine is soundless, and its smaller size makes it portable.
Sungoldpower 200A is used for house tasks and other small and medium welding activities. Its control module helps the machine to meet the different welding requirements. It is reliable, energy-saving, highly effective, portable, and resistant to fluxion voltage.
Only good quality welders are full-bridge. This welder is a full-bridge welder, meaning that AC power will convert into DC power when you give input. Since this welder contains components of high quality that are used for service, it has an extensive lifespan.
- Igbt inverter technology,Excelent arc stability,hot arc start,anti-sticking
- Compatiable with generator
- Powrful welder capable of weldung mild steel,weld steel,stainless steel, and cast iorn
- Overload protection:perfect self-protective function in cases of over-voltage,low voltage,over-current,over-heat,safe and reliable
8. Hitbox ARC Welder 200A Stick Welding Machine
- Electrode holder and clamp as complementary features
- Digital mode of operation
- Low quality
The Hitbox ARC160A is a powerful and versatile machine with a 60Hz input and digital control via MMA stick, VRD, or Lift TIG. Its duty cycle is rated at 60%, and its output power is rated at 160 amps, which is more than adequate for medium, probably even heavy-duty work.
It’s an advanced inverter welder with TIG and MMA capabilities. Although it is one of the cheapest inverter welders, this machine has everything you need
This arc welder is pretty lightweight (weighs 9.5 lbs.) and is easy to use. You can use either 240V or 120V, with high power – 160A maximum output. The control panel is outstanding, with an easy-to-use dial to control the output and a digital display. Power outputs range from 10A to 160A. You will get an electrode holder as well as an earth clamp as additional features.
The one-year warranty gives people assurance that this welder is genuinely reliable. Still, its quality is somewhat low, and it maxes out at 160 amperages, which is minimal for heavier gauge jobs. It is suitable for newbies, though.
- Multi-process:mma/lift arc
- Smart design with full digital cantrol
- Unique arc welding with lift function
- Weld more kinds of rods
- 85% duty cycle,longer lasting
- 1 year warranty and great after sale service
- 35-50mm² big size quick connector
9. Lotos CT520D Air Plasma Cutter
- Adjustable flow management
- Quick and easy setup
- Uses non-hazardous compressed air
- A lightweight unit, easy to carry with a comfortable handle
- It doesn’t come with a pigtail
- No AC output works on DC only
This machine by Lotos is a compact plasma cutter with perfect handling and grip. It is capable of cutting copper, aluminum, alloy steel, mild steel, and stainless steel.
Moreover, it has a dual voltage frequency, which allows you to either use power inputs 110v or 220v. It is a simple but powerful cutter with a wide range of unique features that make it easy for users to use it.
The Lotos CT520D is the perfect machine for a DIY specialist on the hunt for a plasma cutter that will give you the best flexibility at an affordable price.
This unit is suitable for mobility-requiring home projects and weighs less than 40 pounds. In addition to plasma cutting, it also allows welding. So, there will be no need to buy two separate tools for those two purposes.
By working at a lower cutting speed than heavy-duty plasma cutting machines, you can precisely cut through thin steel sheets. The plasma cutter’s size is 50-amp, which can cut materials of 1⁄2 inch quickly and runs brilliantly even on materials of 3⁄4 inch.
The power supply inverter features three separate gun ports. For your STICK/ MMA operations, simply plug in your electrode feeder into the STICK port. There is also a comfortable and firm-grip handle located at the inverter’s top for convenient and easy mobility. An air-cooling ventilator is mounted directly in the inverter to combat the overheating and ensure a reliable supply of welding/plasma cutting power. Similarly, the power inverter control panel is very intuitive.
- Lotos ct520d is a 3 in 1combo welding
- Automatic dual voltage/dual frequency (110v/220v50/60hz)
- It is able to cut various types of matel up ot 1/2-inch with the 50 a plasma cutting function
- Air plazma cutter offers precision cuts combined with low cost
10. AMICO POWER ATIG185
- It has a digital display
- Reliable duty cycle
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- Dual ability TIG torch and stick arc
- It doesn’t have any foot pedals
- It is not meant for heavy-duty work
Amico TIG 185 is a 2 in 1 machine for the best multifunctional capabilities. This machine is ideally suited to a high-frequency TIG torch, and it is made with high-frequency torches for effortless ignition. This lowers wear and corrosion over time on your torch, giving you a long-life product for any type of torch you use.
You can adjust the arc to match your needs. It also features a fan cooling system that keeps the system from heating up. The spatter is minimal, and after you’re done with your welding, you don’t require any cleaning, as it’s less messy and provides a seamless experience. You can weld the metals using 2 vaults, i.e., 115v and 230v.
The Amico TIG-185 provides plenty of safeguards, including an advanced IGBT inverter, to ensure consistency and cleanliness of the energy pushed. The Amico’s circuitry and components are also extraordinarily high-quality, with a wide range of built-in protections to help stop shortages. This welder can operate at a duty cycle of 60 percent at 160 amps, which is quite impressive.
- Multifunction:tig/stick/arc 2 in 1welder
- Advanced igbt inverter technology,excellent arc stabilty,15-180 amps very suitable weld thin workpiece and thick workpiece
- Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over-voltage protection,under-voltage protection,over current protection,overload protection
- Automatic tempreature control,fan dormancy.steeples amperage cantrol,all generators frindly,115v/230v dual voltage,all machines tested in the usa
11. Lotos LTP5000D
- Easy controls
- It is portable, compact, and lightweight
- Air filter pressure regulator along with mounting frame included
- Customizable torch
- Short ground clamp
- It needs a pigtail for the running unit at 110V
The Lotos LTP5000D performs brilliantly, cutting through 1/2-inch steel cleanly with ease while cutting material up to 3/4-inch thick. You can connect it to your air compressor and start cutting right away. It is one of the most popular plasma cutters because it works efficiently and is affordable.
It is a 50 amp digital inverter air plasma cutter, which means it uses an electrical inverter to produce strong enough direct current for efficient cutting, and comes with dual voltage automatic capability and dual-frequency capability.
It is operated at 110v at 50Hz, or 220v at 60Hz. The dual voltage capability operates automatically, which means you wouldn’t need to make any modifications. You just need to plug in the correct plug, and the machine will automatically pick the right voltage.
In addition, the unit has a three-pin connection to allow quick attachment to the main unit. The ground clamp likewise has a maximum width of 2 inches and has a length of six feet and eight inches, making it a flexible torch supplement.
Lotos has put in their inverter technology to offer the new and greatest inverter technology. The cutter uses IGBT to provide a robust, reliable, concentrated, and precise current.
- Pilot arc technology allows you to cut without touching the tip to the metal better cutting and longer consumeable life
- Automatic dual voltage/dual frequency (110v/220v 50/60hz)
- An optimized design based on the state of the art mosfet/igbt transistors provides high power output for thick metal cutting as well as steady output for thin metal cutting
- The lpt5000d is an excellent choice for home diy jobs and light duty small business projects
How to Choose the Best Cheap TIG Welder 2021?
If you don’t want to invest more than your budget, finding the best welder for your needs can be challenging. You should know about the essential parts to look at before buying just any cheap TIG welder. If you’re a newbie or a skilled welder, buying a machine with specs and output customized to your needs is essential.
You should consider the following factors:
If you usually weld thin and delicate metals, it’s necessary to opt for a low-amperage machine. For thin metals, TIG works best. On the other hand, if you work mostly with metals with a thickness of 1/2 inch or more, then MIG or stick welding is ideal.
Current Source Flexibility
It is suggested to buy a tool that can run with either an AC or DC source since some metals weld better with an AC source while the others weld better with a DC source. Consider purchasing a hybrid AC/DC unit to ensure full flexibility.
Quality and speed are directly linked with welding. When you’re in the high-end or precision manufacturing industry, your best choice will be a TIG welder with AC capabilities.
Regulation of both the heat that you use to weld with a TIG and the cooling factor are significant factors for the machine that you are purchasing. Your TIG welder needs decent heat control to avoid damage to the metal on which you are working as the heat required for different welding metals varies considerably.
Optimum portability can be a significant boost in productivity and time-saver, particularly when you are engaged in overhead welding. Your portability requirements depend on your setup and how you use your tools.
Some of the most frequently asked questions:
1: Is TIG welding the best welding process for the job at hand?
With TIG, some materials weld better while others weld flawlessly with MIG. So you should know about the material that you are welding and how it will weld.
2: Why is tungsten contaminating my welds?
This could happen if the tungsten melts into the weld puddle, or you are using an electrode that is too small in diameter. This could also happen if you just keep the torch too close and dip the electrode into the puddle, which also contaminates the tungsten.
3: Which gas should I use for welding?
You can use Argon for nearly all TIG welding. However, when greater penetration is needed, or higher speed welding with a hotter arc, we sometimes use Helium gas.
4:What is the best cheap tig welder for the money?
The following ones are the best cheap tig welders for money:
1: Amico TIG-225 TIG Welder.
2: Mophorn 160 Tig Welder.
3: Lotos LTPDC2000D
4: PrimeWeld CT520D
You have a lot to consider if you are looking to buy the best cheap TIG welder . Your decision to buy the optimum TIG welder should be based on your unique welding needs and budget. Now you know the basics about the TIG Welders, and after reviewing the buying guide and our top 11 suggested products, you can opt for the one that suits your needs and requirements.