Tired of spending a hefty amount of money, and still not able to find a welder that’s worth your money? Well, we have Hobart EZ-TIG 165i review 2021 that is the one shop stop to all your welding needs, as it performs remarkably well for both hobbyists and professionals.
The Hobart EZ-TIG 165i is a little bit costly, than the other inexpensive tig welders offering the same features available in the market, but rest assured it is one of the best machines worth every single penny you spend on it. Read the detailed Hobart EZ-TIG 165i Review to find more about the features, pros, and cons it offers.
Hobart EZ TIG 165i Review 2021
The Hobart EZ-TIG 55051 is a product offered by Hobart, an American company based in Ohio. EZ-Tig 165i is a 230 V AC/DC tig welder that features unique single-knob control, making it the fastest and easiest to set up even for beginners. You just need to plug it in, connect it to the gas, select the metal and its thickness, and the welder to ready to give you remarkable welds.
- It offers both AC and DC modes; you can make use of AC mode when you intend to weld aluminum, magnesium, and other specialty metals; on the other hand, DC mode lets you weld mild steel, stainless steel, and chromoly.
- It gives exceptional welds on metals ranging from 22 gauge to 3/16 in. (.81 mm to 4.8 mm), that’s for both AC (aluminum) and DC (steel/stainless steel/chromoly).
- A portable hobby tig welder that you can take to friend garages, to use it for auto body repair and fabrication tasks. Moreover, you can also use it to get over with your domestic welding jobs.
Key Features of Hobart 550551
User Friendly Interface
The main and most loved feature loved by both professional and novice users is its user-friendly interface, all you need to do is plug it in, connect gas with it, select metal thickness, and boom you are ready to go, that’s why EZ comes with its name.
It features 3 options:
- Power: On/Off switch.
- Metal Thickness Knob
- Power output: AC/DC switch.
The machine only weighs 50 lbs. equipped with a carry handle, making it easier for you to move it around without having a welding cart or helping hands. However, the lightweight does not affect its welding performance and functionality.
Fan on Demand
This feature increases welder life by preventing dust or debris getting into the welder, usually, when you are welding, the debris gets into the welder, which may damage its internal system, so the fan on-demand features help you with this problem.
Invertor Base Technology
Inverter technology provides you with consistent power going to the workpiece, resulting in a stable arc and producing cleaner welds, besides it saves energy cutting electricity bills and saving you money in the long run. However, you can adjust the arc size by using machine controls.
It lets you control the machine with your foot with pinpointed precision if you find it inconvenient to use your hands. All you need to do is to insert a foot pedal plug into the back of the welder.
The high-frequency start provides a stable arc, which prevents tungsten and material contamination, and produces clean welds.
This feature automatically trips off the machine when its temperature gets high after prolonged hours of work so that the high temperatures cannot harm your welder.
Auto Flow Post
The auto-post flow offers optimum shielding protection based on welding amperage without letting you make your adjustments, which ultimately results in the prevention of waste.
The infinite amperage lets you control the welder in a more friendly manner to let you operate the welder at a broader range, and making the adjustments as per your welding needs,
The machine is built to last for years, manufactured under strict quality check using premium quality materials giving you peace of mind, and is backed by 3 years of industrial warranty.
- Power Source: AC/DC
- Input: 220/230/240 V
- Product Dimensions: 17” Height *9.87“Width and 23” Length
- Amperage: 10A Min and 165A Max
- Weight:50 Lbs.
- Open Circuit Voltage: 80 VDC Max
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Its lightweight welder, which means you can use it single-handedly to make it to work, without needing the other person to help you with its transportation.
- The friendly user interface enables you to use and set it up quite quickly, without getting into the hassle of the reading manual. Just plug it in, connect gas, and select metal to be welded.
- The welder automatically turns off when it’s getting to the maximum temperature it can handle.
- The fan on demand prolongs the welder’s life by preventing any dust or debris from getting into the system during welding tasks.
- Post-Flow helps you cut off waste and saves energy, which saves you money in the long run.
- The versatility and extended features it offers make it compete with other welders offered at a quite a higher price.
- The welder is manufactured using high quality, which makes it last for a more extended period without losing its welding capacity.
- It performs remarkably well on specialty metals, where most of the welders seem to disappoint.
- HF start offers you a stable arc, which results in clean welds.
- It offers only tig mode, no stick/mig mode.
- The after-sales customer support may disappoint you, as they take some time to answer your queries.
- It may be costly for some of the domestic users.
Inside the Package
It comes with a good number of accessories, including a flowmeter, gas regulator, and shielding gas hose. Moreover, it includes 3.8m(12.5Ft) Weldcraft (WP-17) tig torch, power cord with plug,12 ft. Work cable with clamp and remote foot pedal.